Terms and Conditions
- We accept card payments via the Sagepay payment gateway and we also accept payment by Paypal. If you would like to use another payment method, please telephone us during shop hours.
Receipt of Order Confirmation
- You will receive an order receipt confirmation email as soon as you have placed an order. Please keep it in a safe place as we may ask you for information from it in any correspondence. If you do not receive this email please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can investigate and confirm that your order has been placed successfully.
- Prices are as set out on the website and include VAT at the current rate. Tinsmiths VAT No. is 681 9318 08 We reserve the right to alter prices at any time.
- It may be necessary to change prices either up or down, from time to time, including any alterations to the rate of VAT. Any price changes will be confirmed to you at the time of ordering.
Portrayal of products
- We make every effort to portray items accurately, however slight variations may occur.
- All measurements quoted are approximate and the reproduction of colours is as accurate as photographic and publishing processes will allow.
- The calibration and settings of individual screens may affect the portrayal of colours, we strongly recommend that fabric samples are obtained prior to purchase of fabric.
- All rights, including copyright, for this website are owned by or licensed to Tinsmiths
- Any use of this website, its images or content, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited without the permission of Tinsmiths.
- You may not modify, distribute or re-post anything on this website for any purpose.
- All products comply with appropriate safety and consumer regulations. Toys comply with EC Toy Safety Regulations and, where appropriate, carry the CE mark. If a product is recalled for any reason, you will be contacted.
- All items are subject to availability.
- We will inform you as soon as possible if goods you have ordered are not available.
- If your order is to be delivered outside the European Union, it may attract import duty and local sales taxes which customers will need to pay on receipt of the shipment. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. These rules vary by country and your local government determines duty and customs charges, so you should contact your local customs office for further information.
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you wish providing you act within 7 working days of receipt of the goods.
- If you wish to exercise this right prior to dispatch of goods please email email@example.com or telephone 01531 632083
- If your order has already been dispatched please follow our returns information.
- Please note your right to return products does not apply on personalised items; bespoke furniture, special orders of curtains, blinds & cushions, made-to-order items, cut lengths of fabric & gift vouchers all of which can only be returned or exchanged if faulty.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If you are unhappy with a product for any reason, it can be returned to us within 28 days (with the original packaging) and we’ll refund or replace.
- We require that all orders of lighting are checked for breakages & shortages on receipt & any damages or shortages reported to Tinsmiths within 48 hours, this does not affect returns for other reasons but Tinsmiths reserves the right not to replace or refund items/orders not checked within 48 hours of receipt and later found to be damaged or incomplete.
- We regret that postage, packing and insurance incurred in the delivery of the goods to you are direct costs and cannot be refunded except in the case of cancellations.
- Return an item within 28 days in perfect condition together with original packaging and we will be happy to refund the original price of the item or send you an exchange. This does not affect cancellations or your statutory rights.
- Please note that bespoke furniture, special orders of curtains, blinds & cushions, made-to-order items,cut lengths of fabric, gift vouchers and personalised items can only be returned or exchanged if faulty; faulty fabric can be returned but fabric should be checked prior to cutting, cut fabric cannot be returned even if faulty.
- Please complete the Returns Form included with your order and return it with the item. Do not return damaged or faulty items without first contacting us.
- You will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us, and will remain responsible for any and all returned goods until they reach our warehouse. We strongly advise that a proof of postage certificate should be obtained when returning any part of you order.
- We reserve the right to charge a restocking fee of 20% ‘trade' orders of lighting if returned.
- Returns and exchanges will be processed as soon as possible after arrival.
- Our returns address is: Tinsmiths, 8a High Street, Ledbury, Herefordshire, HR8 1DS
We pride ourselves on the quality of the goods we supply and guarantee to replace or refund any goods that are found to be faulty or not fit for purpose. However, our liability is limited to the value of the purchased goods and we accept no responsibility for any costs associated with the supply of faulty goods.
- Cut lengths of fabric cannot be exchanged or refunded unless faulty.
- Fabric should be checked prior to cutting, faulty cloth cannot be returned once cut.
- We will send you up to a maximum of 3 free swatches & up to 12 for £3.
- We strongly advise that you obtain a cutting before placing your fabric order.
- Where a precise colour match is required please request a stock cutting when placing your order.
- Orders placed without receipt of a cutting (or a batch cutting where colour match is critical) are at your own risk.
- Minimum order 1 metre of fabric. Order in 10cm increments (eg.1.2 = 120cm).
- Items ordered to your specification; Curtains, blinds, footstools, cushions etc. or lighting items in a specific finish or specification not generally stocked by Tinsmiths can only be returned if faulty.
- Tinsmiths total liability for any claim howsoever shall not exceed the price of the goods supplied by Tinsmiths to the customer. Tinsmiths shall not be liable for any consequential loss whether this arises from a breach of duty in contract or in any other way, save where such liability is imposed upon Tinsmiths by statute. Tinsmiths cannot accept any liability for a failure to comply with instructions specifically stated on the Website. Tinsmiths does not limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or wilful misconduct. By law, you also have the right to withdraw from the purchase of an item within seven working days of the day after the date the item is delivered. Goods are provided to you on approval and legal title to the goods will not pass to you until fourteen  days after delivery. Your statutory rights are not affected by this statement.
- When you place an order to purchase a product from Tinsmiths your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us by way of a dispatch note included when you receive your order. Any products on the same order which we have not confirmed as accepted in such dispatch note do not form part of the contract.
- Tinsmiths endeavours to check the accuracy of the information on this site. However, Tinsmiths does not warrant that such information will be error free and the user acknowledges that information, products and services published on this web site may include inaccuracies and typographical errors. If the goods do not, on receipt by you, substantially meet the description on this web site you are entitled to reject the goods and return them to us.
- Every effort is made to ensure that this website is free from viruses and defects however, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Tinsmiths shall not be liable to any person for loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
- SagePay is the company that processes our customer credit card payments. SagePay is the largest independent Payment Service Provider in the UK providing secure online credit card and debit card payment solutions. When your order is placed at our website, credit card information is encrypted using 128 bit encryption by SagePay (new name for Protx) secure online payment processing.
- This website, its content and any contract brought into being as a result of using this site are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
Any other questions?
- If you have any questions on any aspect of Tinsmiths please contact us at: Tinsmiths, Tinsmiths Alley, 8a High Street, Ledbury, Herefordshire. HR8 1DS Tel: 01531 632083
- Tinsmiths is the trading name of partners Phoebe and Alex Clive.
- The site is owned and operated by Tinsmiths
- Tinsmiths VAT No. is 681 9318 08